Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
State Bicycles and Dynaplug banded together to release the first Meerkat Klunker into the wild in 2022. Returning for a victory lap, this year’s Meerkat Klunker cranks the Klunk to 11, adding custom paint from Save The Postal Service to the party. Adorned with nothing but the best components and wheels, this is not your grampa’s Klunker! The Meerkat Klunker will be awarded to the winner of the donation drawing, benefiting the Sierra Butte Trail Stewardship (SBTS), and their mission of bringing sustainable recreation-based revenue to the Lost Sierra.
How It Works
For a small suggested donation of $5, there is the chance to win this wild, one-of-a-kind custom-painted Klunker bedazzled in top-tier components. The donation drawing ends on Tuesday, June 22nd, at 11:00 pm PST. The lucky winner will be announced via social media and personally via email.
Donate to win at Sierra Trails.
Sim Works Get Around and Fun 3 Bars Back in Stock $128
Getaround and Fun 3 bar by Nitto are finally back in the Sim Works lineup with a fresh look, in polished Silver and Black options. The Getaround Bar, a hardened aluminum alloy version with a 31.8mm center diameter and 750mm width, is undoubtedly one of the most popular bars in the Sim Works catalog. The Fun 3 Bar, on the other hand, occupies a particular space in the SimWorks with a triple bend incorporating 20mm of rise, and 35° grip angle- it lends itself to a more upright, relaxed riding style.
See the Get Around and Fun 3 bars at Sim Works.
The Tech 4 V4 builds on Hope’s 25+ years of experience designing and manufacturing hydraulic brake systems. The Tech 4 uses an all-new internal sealing for reduced friction, and the pivot spins on roller bearings, allowing the spring rate to be reduced. The lower spring rate in turn gives a lighter lever action, reducing rider fatigue and keeping our legendary feel and modulation.
The updated V4 caliper utilizes hybrid style Stainless steel pistons with a phenolic insert allowing for smoother movement and less maintenance while still managing high temperatures without heat transfer during extreme use.
- Increased power versus Tech 3
- The lever shape was updated to provide a more ergonomic shape orientated to provide the best mechanical advantage during braking.
- Hinged clamp reducing weight and ergonomics.
- Shifter integration improved for more adjustability
- Tool-free bite point and reach adjustments
- Hybrid piston design
- Rigid CNC’d one-piece caliper
- Compatible with a broader range of current shifter options
- Complete brake available in Black or Silver with color accent options of; Black, silver, purple, red, blue, or orange.
- Choose either standard or braided hose (braided hose is an extra cost)
- 30% pressure increase compared with the Tech 3 brake
- Hinged clamp design to reduce weight and reservoir area increased to lower overall stack height.
- Shifter integration has been improved and now offers 30° of angle adjustment, neater packaging, and compatibility with the latest shifters. Lateral adjustment on both sides of the master cylinder can also give various lever position options.
- Hybrid-style pistons that allow smoother movement and require less maintenance and a phenolic insert to manage heat transfer during extreme use.
- The Tech 4 retains the tool-free bite point and reach adjustments from the Tech 3
- All Tech 4 brakes are supplied with new racing compound pads.
- Made in the UK
See more at Hope.
If you have a SRAM Transmission, aka T-Type drivetrain and you want a Wolf Tooth ring, we have good news. Wolf Tooth just announced its 8-bolt SRAM chainrings. They’re the same as the rings you’ve come to love from Wolf Tooth but now available in T-Type applications, in 0mm or 3mm offset, and 30t through 36t size configurations.
See more at Wolf Tooth.
With the Tour Divide starting last Friday, our co-workers at TPC interviewed our own Mary Metcalf to see how the race began and to talk about how things have changed since she competed in the race’s first edition back in 2008.
Stay tuned for more videos from Mary as the race goes on over the next month. To all of those racing, we wish you luck!
It’s been a while since we’ve featured a good ol’ gravel/cross bike vs. mountain bike video!
The heroic true story of American cyclist Greg LeMond, considered to be one of the greatest cyclists of all time, who defied the odds for one of the most triumphant comeback stories in sporting history.
The first, and only, American to win the Tour de France, LeMond came back from the brink of death to beat his famed rivals in the historic and nail-biting race at the 1989 Tour de France.
Directed by Alex Holmes and featuring exclusive interviews with LeMond and his wife Kathy as well as, never before seen footage, The Last Rider is an exhilarating portrait of one of the greatest athletes of our time.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by @mckenziebarney
McKenzie is touring the Peru Great Divide right now and her images are jaw-dropping!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!