Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Our world traveler Ryan Wilson has a bunch of new photos up on his Darkroom account, which offers photo prints at various sizes either framed or unframed. Darkroom is the best internet printing service on the web and Ryan benefits from each order immensely. We’re spreading the word so you can own a bit of Ryan’s travels for your home or office or bike shop!
Use code RMDUB15 for 15% this week at Ryan’s Darkroom.
ACTOFIVE Pinion Gearbox Cranks €369,00
ACTOFIVE announces the release of the latest masterpiece, the SIGNATURE X Pinion crankset. Crafted with precision and engineered for performance, it’s the perfect companion for your Pinion gearbox. The SIGNATURE X Pinion crankset is crafted with precision and engineered for performance; it’s the perfect companion for your Pinion gearbox. Compatible with Pinion C-Line and P-Line gearboxes for seamless integration and optimal performance. Still made in Dresden. Still manufactured to the exacting standards all Actofive products follow. Still beautiful. Smooth and efficient power transfer to enhance your riding experience.
- The one-piece architecture is based on the regular SIGNATURE X.
- With a weight of 420g (pair) it´s 55 grams lighter than the original forged Pinion crank arms and 20g lighter than the
- Pinion CNC cranks.
- For the colors you can choose between silver, black, blue or grey and raw aluminum, just like the regular SIGNATURE X.
- The crank arm is attached with one M6 titanium clamping bolt instead of two M5, which gives the crank a nice and smooth transition from gear to crank arm. In addition, the clamping screw is not directly visible when the crank is horizontal. The nice and smooth transition from gearbox to crank arm is also supported by an enlarged diameter of
- ACOTIVE’s own black main bolt which assumes the axial securing function.
- ACTOFIVE will also offer a smart.shift and motor.gearbox.unit compatibility for the future.
- €369,00 (€310,08 excl. VAT)
See more at ACTOFIVE.
Our buddies at Caletti Cycles just rolled out a new website and it’s full of drool-worthy eye candy! Roll on over and check it out. While you’re at it, check out our Caletti Cycles content from our archives:
- Who’s Got Next? A Framebuilding Summit at Caletti Cycles
- Inside Caletti Cycles: Bikes Made In Santa Cruz From Ti and Steel
- Bikes and Hangs From The 2022 Chris King Guest House Event at Caletti Cycles
- Robin’s Caletti Cycles Touring Bike
- 2023 MADE Bike Show Coverage: Part 02; Albatross, Baphomet, BTCHN, Caletti, Frances Cycles, HotSalad, Neuhaus, Schön Studio, Sour Bicycles, and Tonic Fab
- Chris’ Caletti Topo-Ti Revision 2
- Don’t Call it a Cross Bike: the Caletti Scrambler Flat Bar City Shredder
Twisted Spoke CBD Hydromix $49.99
Twisted Spoke makes CBD products, designed for cyclists. From Energy Chews, to Nightime support, and even Pet CBD treats, its products fit within any riding or training routine. Just announced is its CBD Hydromix, allowing you to enhance ANY beverage with Twisted Spoke CBD’s HydroMix. This CBD drink mix is unflavored and blends with water, high-carb drink mixes, recovery protein powders, hydration mixes, smoothies and more. The Nano formula is fast acting and won’t negatively affect the taste of your favorite drink. One small scoop has 50mg of Isolate CBD with no traces of THC.
See more at Twisted Spoke.
Super Accel 21 Curve Trail Saw $45.99-$49.99
We use the shit out of Silky saws every riding season here in the Santa Fe National Forest, clearing deadfall, trimming juniper or piñon branches. So when we saw the Super Accel 21 Curve saw drop, we had to share it. It’s a perfect trail saw, this aggressive and lightweight saw makes quick work of branches and smaller trees with the unique scarper-shaped GOKAI-ME teeth. A new super-comfortable handle features a light and comfortable rubber grip with a rigid aluminum chassis. Fits perfectly in a hydration pack or backpack for easy access on the trail.
Check out more at Silky.
The ALT Logo S2-R is a true special edition jersey from us and marks the first time SAS has used its hand-drawn script logo on our technical gear. Made from a mid-weight super-lux synthetic fabric with a buttery soft hand the S2-R is our flagship performance jersey. Features include a slim cut with enough compression in the fabric to make the S2R plenty aero, but also enough 4-Way stretch to make it plenty comfortable. Additional attributes include our innovative five-pocket design (3 in the rear and 2 side-seam stash pockets), a full length locking Riri zipper, exterior locker loop, and a silicone waist elastic gripper. All are designed, made, and printed by hand in New York City, just like everything else SAS makes.
- Durability: Super High
- Fabric: Synthetic Blend with Cold Black fabric cooling technology which is SPF 35+ and blocks up to 90% of the sun’s rays and reduces fabric surface temps by up to 9 degrees.
- Care: Easy
- Fit: Athletic / Slim
- Best For: Riding Hard and Looking Sharp
Check out more at Search and State.
Rad Bazaar Finds
We love seeing the support for our Rad Bazaar, a service we host for Group Ride members. For now, you can read all about how to sign up for the Group Ride and Rad Bazaar here.
Badger Cycles Rigid 29er Single Speed. Handmade in Lawrence Kansas, fillet brazed frame and Fork, Chris King Hubs, White Industries Eno crank and BB, Thompson Elite Seatpost, Jones Titanium 25.4 H-Bar(these are the bars that put them on the map). Brand new Donnelly tires, Mad Dog Rotor, New chain, SurlY Cog.
WILLING TO PART OUT
Land Shark road frame. Made in USA. 55cm.
New Velo Orange Piolet XL with a complete build for sale.
John is Selling His 1991 Yo Eddy! Complete Restoration! $3500 Shipped
A new year is coming and I need funds for future projects! So I’m letting my Yo Eddy! restoration go. The saddle height in all these photos is 80cm and from the tip (front) of the saddle to the handlebar clamp is 60.5cm. This will fit you if you ride XL bikes. It’s the largest size Fat Chance made in the early 90s and has a non-suspension corrected fork.
It’s like a brand new Yo! With only a few paint scratches behind the chainrings and a few scratches on the cranks and derailleur.
This build has PAUL Stoplight brakes and short pull levers. Those alone sell for $1000 on eBay. I put a lot of time and energy in this one!
See the full process and photos in our archives:
The Habit HT lives to let loose, so we sent the Cannondale Waves Crew of Josh Bryceland, Max Nerurkar, Sam Cofano and Sam ‘Dave’ Hockenhull out onto the streets of Manchester and surrounding woods to put it to the test.
Will puts on the Festivus ride every year. Festivus is a non-denominational holiday for the rest of us. This year we decided to ride the HubbuHubbuh. Lotsa foos came—it was sick.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by @johnprolly
The world is a scary place right now but here’s something we can all hope for…
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!