Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
The Road Adventure is an all-new offering from Horse Cycles. It was designed to optimize room for larger tires and gnarly terrain; this bike excels in the chunky stuff. It is designed around a slightly longer fork, with more trail, and is more stable when loaded down for touring and bike camping.
- T47 oversized bottom bracket / better power transfer / low maintenance threaded cups
- 42mm Down tube for a stiffer, more stout ride
- Oversized 44mm head tube with reinforcement ring for ultimate control ( tapered headtube upgrade – very popular)
- Syntace dropouts for a seamless aesthetic
- Through axle front and rear – 12mm x 142mm rear / 12mm x 100mm front
- Flatmount disc 1-40mm-160 rear – 160 -180 front
- S-bend seat stays and chainstays for tire clearance.
- Rack mounts
- Tire Clearance: 27.5 x 2.25 – 55mm x 700c +
- Mixture of Columbus ZONA and LIFE (STEEL) Titanium (COLUMBUS) / USA-made Ti (shown above)
See more at Horse Cycles.
Collaborating with Vilnius-based Bernot Caps, Cafe Du Cycliste took some of its headstock jerseys and upcycled them into three hats. This run is limited to only 10–20 pieces; each cap is remade in the Bernot Caps workshop in Lithuania, and the construction makes maximum use of as many components of the product as possible. There are three cap profiles and you can check them all out at Cafe Du Cycliste.
Laurens ten Dam is selling is custom, one of one Specialized Diverge, painted to mimic the 1984 Team Stumpjumper on buycycle.com for $8,240. When it sells, he will donate 25% of proceeds to a local Dutch charity called Only Friends, an organization that offers athletes with disabilities the opportunity to participate in organized sports in their own safe and familiar environment. Laurens is an ambassador for the charity.
The build list is as follows:
- Specialized Diverge custom pink painted fact11r carbon (S-WORKS)
- Shimano GRX 815 Di2 Groupset, 48/31 x 11/24 11 speed
- Handlebar PRO Discover Carbon 40 with 20-degree flare. PRO bar tape.
- Saddle PRO Discover Carbon 142mm
- Seatpost PRO Discover Carbon
- Bottle cages PRO carbon
- Wheels Roval Terra 25mm inner width (the more aero version for UNBOUND)
- Tires brand new Specialized Pathfinder pro 42 mm. (Laurens’ go-to UNBOUND tire)
Check out more at buycycle.com
New additions to our Blaze/Forest collection: Travel Pack, Default 25L, Pilot Bar Bag, and Load Cell – Cable. These pieces feature a combination of Blaze VX25, Forest X50, blaze reflective tape, and tonal trim; a nicely colorblocked layout that balances high vis orange with earthy green. Not too loud, not too subtle.
ILE first introduced the Blaze/Forest treatment two years ago on its Porteur Rackbag – Small, which led to experimenting with some one-off Travel Pack variations for the shop. ILE spent the past few months fine-tuning the concept before officially expanding the lineup to include these new styles.
Roll on over to ILE to see the full collection!
Read John’s review of the Travel Pack here:
Rad Bazaar Finds
We love seeing the support for our Rad Bazaar, a service we host for Group Ride members. For now, you can read all about how to sign up for the Group Ride and Rad Bazaar here.
The Lakeland 200, nestled within the awe-inspiring landscapes of the Lake District in the UK, beckons as more than a mere adventure; it’s a pilgrimage of self-discovery. Covering a formidable 200 miles of diverse terrain, this epic odyssey is an invitation to explore the limits of endurance, skill, and tenacity. It’s a journey that calls to those who dare to venture beyond, and its origins are as remarkable as the route itself…
A south to north, 600km bikepacking adventure through the highlands of Iceland.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Illustration by @davewalkercartoons
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!