Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
The Rifter is a full frame bag ready for any adventure you throw at it. Made for modern bike geometry and with an optimized fit for carbon and long reach bikes, the four sizes fit tons of frames. A full length left side pocket provides extra space for items you want to be able to reach quickly. The main compartment features a vertical divider and an internal mesh pocket. A flared front provides additional volume and beefy zippers with stretch panels mean you can pack the Rifter full to the brim. Plus, it’s built with 100% recycled content fabrics.
- Optimized fit for carbon and long-reach bikes
- Zipstretch ™ construction – Pairs a bomber, wetsuit style molded-tooth zipper with our exclusive stretch Cordura panels that reduce zipper stress when closing bag
- Industry-leading #10 molded tooth zippers with urethane-coated tape are basically impervious to dirt and grit that destroy more commonly used water-resistant coil zippers
- Constructed using RVX30 with a woven backer – a 100% post-consumer recycled polyester face fabric, all domestically sourced here in the USA. The fabric is also certified climate neutral.
- Full length left side pocket
- Vertical divider and internal mesh pocket
- Exit port in main compartment for hydration tube or wires
- Expanding taper front section for increased volume at head tube
- Adjustable strap daisy chain strap positioning
- Front top tube attachments accommodate top tube packs
- Built with 100% recycled content fabrics
- Made in the USA with domestic and imported materials
- Four sizes fit tons of frames
Check out more at Revelate.
This is where it all began for Singular Cycles; a simple steel 29″ wheeled hardtail mountain bike. The Swift was launched in 2006 at a time when 29″ wheels were just entering the mainstream. A suspension-capable do-it-all off-road machine, the Swift rapidly won plaudits as a great riding, looking, and incredibly versatile bike.
Summer 2023 sees the release of the latest incarnation of the Swift – the Mark 5. Now updated with a tapered headtube for suspension fork compatibility, thru axles front and rear, internal dropper post cable routing – while retaining the fantastic ride quality and handling for which the Swift is renowned.
Singular Cycles are now taking pre-orders on these frames, with delivery expected at the end of August. A 30% deposit will secure your frameset with the balance payable prior to shipping.
Roll on over to Singular Cycles to pre-order the Swift MK5.
Two UK powerhouses of MTB design and innovation have teamed up to offer stunning limited edition builds, featuring the best UK-made components in silver aboard a steel chassis. Hope Tech and Starling Cycles joined up to roll out some stunning, limited edition build kits, resulting in a modern mountain bike with a grip of made-in-the-UK componentry.
- Available for Murmur, Twist and Swoop V3
- Includes FREE custom colour paint upgrade
- Ohlins RFX36 air fork / TTX Coil shock
- Hope headset
- Hope seat clamp
- Hope Tech E4 brakes
- Hope EVO crankset
- Hope AM stem
- Hope carbon bar
- Hope Head Doctor
- Hope Fortus 30 SC wheelset
- Shimano SLX drivetrain
- BikeYoke Divine dropper
- Funn saddle
- Funn Hilt grips
- Michelin Wild AM2 tyres
- Supplied as a complete bike to UK customers (basic assembly required)
- Supplied as a complete bike to Europe/USA customers through our local suppliers (specs/prices may vary)
- Supplied unassembled to Rest of World
See more at Starling Cycles!
Wheels recently worked with @ashley.anodized.it to bring out a limited edition Headset Press Pro Install Kit all anodized in this Mystic colorway. The team at Crust Bikes fell hard for the color and gave them a shout to see if they would be into making the BSA30 bottom bracket (a mainstay spec at Crust HQ) in the same color.
The Wheels MFG BSA30 Crust Bikes edition bottom bracket is a durable and smooth-running bottom bracket that allows you to use a 30mm spindle crank in a standard English (BSA) threaded bottom bracket.
Ideal for using a White Industries MARG30, Ignite, 5DEV, or Appleman Crankset with any Crust frameset.
- Made in USA
- Machined Aluminum Cups with Enduro 6806 ABEC-3 Bearings
- Color- Mystic, Hand anodized in Colorado, USA
- Spindle Compatibility- 30mm Spindle
- Weight- 102g
In stock for a limited time at Crust Bikes.
Breathable, lightweight and stretchy, the long-sleeve Trail Lightweight T-shirt keeps you cool and dry even on hot summer days, offering additional protection on the arms.
Made with 100% recycled fabric, the 4-ways stretch fabric facilitates the freedom of movement and the T-Shirt’s superlight weight will not even seem to have it on. Label-free neck for anti-itch comfort and a drop tail hem to keep your shirt in place during movement.
Ideal for multiple outdoor activities, the long sleeve technical Trail Lightweight T-shirt becomes a perfect garment for whatever you have planned.
Made in Italy
See more at Cascada.
Designed for rough roads, mixed terrains, the toughest gravel trails, Cinturato Gravel RC X is Pirelli’s newest tire, designed for gravel riding and racing with 35mm and 40mm widths available. The Cinturato Gravel RC X is a tubeless-ready tire with enforced sidewalls and excellent rolling resistance.
From the Gravel Series to the Unbound races, the CINTURATO Gravel RC X tyre can comfortably handle the most extreme competitions: it is smooth and fast on hard surfaces and on straight sections, thanks to a central tread with low and dense knobs and offer great grip on curves, thanks to its sides with high and penetrating knobs.
The tread of the RC X model is the same as the one of the Gravel RC, based on Pirelli’s SCORPION XC RC tyres born in the Cross Country and Marathon races of the MTB World Cup and made for fast, expert riders.
Check out more at Pirelli.
SAFA Brian and crew continue their coverage of the Tour de France route tour!
Interested in building a Japanese and Italian mashup road bike? Check out Ronnie’s latest video as he says Campagnolo at least 666 times…
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo via @johnprolly
We have so many amazing photos in our archives and we had to share this one John dug up from yesterday’s Dust Up article…
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!