Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Hope’s New Pro 5 Hubs
Building on Hope’s 30+ years of manufacturing hubs, the Pro 5 is the combination of all our experience to meet and exceed the demands of current and future bike technology. The Pro 4 proved to be one of the most reliable and versatile hubs on the market. The Pro 5 builds on this with improvements throughout, offering the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, durability and drag.
One of the key design objectives for the Pro 5 was the reduction of drag in the drive mechanism. This has real world riding benefits and was achieved by upgrading the sealing with a new zero drag labyrinth seal, and an improved ratchet and pawl system, with new springs. Both greatly reduce drag as well as increase durability and load capacity when compared with the Pro 4.
Another big update comes in an increase in the points of engagement (from 44 to 108) using an offset 6 pawl freehub design, where 3 pawls are engaged at any time. This achieves the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, drag & durability, and in real-world terms, gives a speedy feel on the trail while keeping crank movement to an acceptable level without compromising the free running of the hub or its reliability.
- Improved sealing to stop dirt ingress and to reduce drag
- New Labyrinth seal has zero drag for incredible freewheeling performance
- New Pawls/Springs design to increase longevity, load capacity & a reduction of drag.
- Increased engagement from 44 to 108 with a new offset 6 pawl freehub design
- Wire cut pawls from high strength steel for maximum strength.
- New step down axle design for a stiffer more durable freehub
- New hub body profile for increased stiffness without adding weight
- Ebike Specific hub designed for the demands of ebikes
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools
- Available in 24, 28, 32 and 36 hole drillings
- Available with all modern freehub bodies
- End spacers can be easily swapped to suit different frame and axle standards
- 6 bolt or Centrelock disc fitting
- Hubs from: Rear: £220.00, Front: £95.00
- Wheels from: Rear: £310.00, Front: £190.00
Check out more at Hope.
eThirteen Helix R 12-Speed Gravel Cassette $329.95
Gravel races and events are just around the corner and if your drivetrain is worn, check out eThirteen’s offerings. The Helix R 12-Speed 9-45T cassette extends legendary Helix shift performance and cross-compatibility with SRAM™ and Shimano™ 12-speed drivetrains, to the lightweight Gravel and XC marketplace.
- Weighing in at a svelte 319g, this light weight engineering marvel offers an industry leading 500% gear ratio, due to e*thirteen’s exclusive 9T highest gear cog.
- A drop-in replacement for SRAM™ XPLR™ 10-44T Cassettes – A 13% increase in range!
- Our 9T cog also also lets you step down one chainring size, while keeping the same top end gearing, meaning both better ground clearance and an overall lighter drivetrain.
- Helix Cassettes were engineered with improved reliability of steel and aluminum assembly, and the 38-45T alloy cluster is easily replaceable so riders can keep their steel cluster for multiple seasons and freshen up the granny as needed without buying a whole new cassette.
- Futureproof your bike, save weight, add gear range and spice things up with a touch of color with e*thirteen Helix-R cassettes.
- Compatible with XPLR and Eagle derailleurs
See more at eThirteen.
Inside Line Equipment’s Stuff Sacks $ 48
Stuff your stuff into your stuff with ILE’s new Stuff Sacks. Perfect for bicycle touring, car camping, or air travel. The Stuff Sack is a breathable organizer bag, useful for everything from race gear, laundry, and travel accessories to camp kitchen supplies and maybe even a sleeping bag. Features a mil-spec mesh body with drawstring closure, and just enough of a base to stand on its own.
- Mil-spec mesh body with durable XPAC sailcloth base
- Drawstring closure with cord lock
- Dimensions: 11″ (27.9 cm) x 7″ (17.8 cm) x 18″ (45.7 cm)
- Handmade in California
Check out all the colorways at ILE.
Silca Sicuro Bottle Cages in Midnight Cerakote $85
The Silca Sicuro bottle cage returns in a limited edition color, “Midnight,” that matches the new Chris King hubs quite well. These are MUSA and made from 3-2.5 titanium tubing. You know the line: “titanium is immortal!”
- Midnight Blue Cerakote coating
- Easy in-and-out
- 3-2.5 titanium tubing
- Hand bent in Indianapolis
- Laser welded
- Extremely secure design
See more at Silca.
Get Out and Ride | Pedal Mafia Las Vegas
Pedal Mafia linked up with Las Vegas cyclists in this new video drop, featuring Jason Bornstein, a semi-pro road cyclist who rides for charitable purposes helping to raise awareness for mental health awareness within the hospitality industry as well as cancer research.
Miner Biker, A Real Riders Story
Joseph Beckstead is an enthusiastic mountain biker who uses biking to escape from the daily grind. He loves being out in nature and discovering trails, immersing himself into a world of endless exploration beyond his work as a miner.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Illustration via @eroicasouthafrica
After a brief hiatus, Eroica South Africa returns and we have our mate Stan Engelbrecht on the ground, camera in hand, shooting the event so stay tuned! If you’re in the area, you can register at Eroica South Africa.
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!