Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
We love when two great companies come together and make great stuff! Ron’s Bikes and Bedrock Sandals’ collaboration hits the internet today at 10 AM MST. Fifty small Fab’s Chests with the Ultra-Tulip webbing will be available as well as 300 Bedrock sandals donning the same webbing. Ultra chic, ultra special, ultra long-lasting.
Want a do-it-all flat bar gravel bike that won’t break the bank, or your back? The latest revamp to the DSX model from Marin has a lot of clever features, including rack/fender mounts, a longer reach to accommodate a flat bar, higher stack to make all-day riding on various terrains easier, and clearance for a 700x50mm tire, all on a non-boost frame, meaning your current gravel wheels will most likely be compatible with the DSX 1.
The DSX 1 features a series 3 aluminum frame, thru-axles, a carbon fork and even routing for an internal dropper post. There’s also an 11-speed 1X Shimano Deore drivetrain, WTB Riddler tires, Tektro hydraulic brakes and a large front triangle for a frame bag.
- Series 3 aluminum frame w/thru axles
- Full carbon fiber fork
- Wide-range Shimano Deore 11-speed drivetrain
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
Check out more at Marin Bikes.
If you’re leaving your house on a ride, you should always have a spare tool kit and what better way to not have to remember to grab a ride wallet every time you pedal than to have one strapped to your saddle rails? The Shop Realm Saddle Tool Roll just got a refresh, with three new hand dyed fabrics, including Xpac, Gato Camo, and Southern Sunset. These flashy tool rolls carry everything you need to keep your bike rolling, stress free.
- Tube pocket easily fits up to 700×40 tube with all three pockets available, and I’m currently riding with a 27.5″ x 2.35″ tube in mine by leaving one pocket unused(to allow the roll room to fold properly).
- Two tool pockets have plenty of room for your particular blend of tools/flat repair/tater tots
- Cobra buckle locks your roll securely in place, extra long strap is provided for cut-to-fit versatility
- 1000D Cordura or XPac exterior, high-vis interior
- 13″w x 11″h when fully open, pockets are 5″ deep and 4+” wide
Check out the full lineup at Shop Realm.
Our neighbors down in Albuquerque at Send it Safely just stocked their summer goods, including all the shralp nectarize designs: ESI grips, bottles, and a new cycling cap. Roll on over to Send it Safely to check it all out.
We’ve featured a few Piolet builds over the years here at The Radavist and to be honest, there aren’t a whole lot of bikes like it out there, not at this pricepoint either. The Piolet is designed for off-road touring, including dirt and gravel roads, double track, and single track. Velo Orange built it to be sturdy, simple, and very capable. The fork is triple butted for reduced weight and extra strength. The seatstays come together in a cool mono-stay wishbone and compliment the segmented fork. The frameset is covered in bosses for easily mounting any racks, water-bottles, gear cages, and even fenders.
The Piolet handles similarly to a XC mountain bike, but slightly more in the touring direction. Feels natural with drop bars or flat bars. Non-suspension corrected fork handles predictably with or without a load!
Size Small is designed around 26 x 2.4″ tires. Medium, Large, and XL use 29 x 2.4″ or 27.5 x 2.8″ tires.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chrome-moly
- Fork: 1 1/8″ threadless, heat-treated triple butted
- Wheel Size: 29″ & 27.5+ (M, L, XL), 26″ (S)
- Tire: 29″ x 2.4″ or 27.5 x 2.6″ (M, L, XL), 26″ x 2.4 (S)
- Rear Spacing: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Front Spacing: 12x100mm thru-axle
- Bottom Bracket: English threaded 73mm, mountain cranksets only
- Brakes: 160 – 180mm disc
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm, bottom pull/bottom swing
- Water bottle mounts: 3 sets on frame, 2 sets on fork blades
- Fender bosses: seatstay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Dropouts: Vertical with triple eyelets
- Lowrider thru bosses on fork
- 2 sets of seatstay rack eyelets
- Replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger
- Paint: Metallic Moss
The pre-order for the Piolet is open now at Velo Orange, at an introductory offer of just $795 for the frameset.
Check out our archives for some Velo Orange Piolet builds:
These 2.2oz clamshell bags are made from 150d Exterior Dyneema Composite Fabric and are designed to have two nest inside the Revelate Nano Panniers for ease of packing and organization. Made in the USA and in stock now at Revelate.
Don’t miss John’s review of the Nano Panniers in our archives: Deadfall, Cow Sh*t, and Monsoons: A Well Used Revelate Nano Panniers Review
Save on Wolf Tooth’s Colored Titanium Morse Cages
The Wolf Tooth Morse Cage is a versatile titanium bottle cage with a unique base plate that allows you to reposition the bottle placement on your bike. Named for its dot-dash-dot-dash mounting pattern, the Morse Cage base plate offers four positions that align with your bike’s bottle bosses. Each of the four mounting options has a “dot” paired with a “dash” that ensures your bottle is securely mounted and won’t move. This gives you the option of up to 32mm of vertical adjustment of bottle cage positioning. This limited Morse Ti Cage Teal adds a Cerakote finish to our titanium bottle cage. Cerakote is a durable industrial-strength coating that can be found on tools, engines, and more. It provides a unique matte finish on this Morse Cage.
Now you can save on these limited edition colored Titanium Morse Cages at Wolf Tooth.
When you call Paul Component Engineering’s Klamper help line, there’s a good chance Mr. Paul himself will pick up the phone…
The Cannondale Hooligan was such a wild bike.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo via @southernwonders
What is NSBM? National Socialist Black Metal, or far right (fascist) Black Metal. It’s rampant these days, so be sure to research the artists you listen to. Thanks to Southern Wonders for making these awareness musettes ($20.)
Did anyone else get ahold of that new Arbor LP?..
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!