Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Revel Bikes Absorbs Its Sibling Company Why Cycles
Revel and Why have always been under the same roof, run by the same people, and promoted with the same passions. To expand on Revel’s catalog, the brand absorbed Why Cycles and brought them under the Revel banner. This has been in the works for some time and we’re stoked for the team in Carbondale. See the merged lineup at Revel.
Unfamiliar with Revel? Check out John’s Shop Visit: Inside / Out at Why Cycles and Revel Bikes: A ‘Reel’ Good Time in Carbondale, Colorado
Industry Nine iRiX Headsets
iRiX is a composite of “Iris” the Greek goddess and personification of the rainbow, and the Roman numeral IX. Industry Nine feel this name embodies its DNA. iRiX bearing cups, top covers, and top caps are machined, anodized, and laser-etched using US-sourced 7075 aluminum in Asheville, NC USA. Available in every standard modern size and 11 lustrous colors, there is an iRiX to complement any build.
We’re stoked to see more US-made headsets on the market. Roll on over to Industry Nine to see the full catalog of iRiX!
North Street Bags Adventure Micro Panniers $105
Hit the trails or bike lanes with our simple yet rugged 13.5oz Micro Panniers. North St’s new Adventure edition pannier features a velcro-on attachment system for off-road and singletrack touring. Made from a single layer of waterproof sailcloth, the streamlined and simple Micro Pannier features an external zipper pocket for minimalist bikepacking and single track adventures. Comes with a Voile strap for bottom-of-rack mounting security.
Looking for a pannier for urban commuting? Check out North St’s classic Commuter hook-and-bungee edition for a build made for the off-and-on rack demands of daily rides around town.
- Handmade, built to last
- 13.5 oz
- 14L / 855 cubic inches (rolltop open) or 10L / 585 cubic inches (rolltop down)
- 18″ tall x 9″ wide x 5″ deep
- Single layer waterproof sailcloth
- Fits most standard commuter and touring racks
See more at North Street Bags.
ORNOT Mission Pants $148
The Mission Shorts by ORNOT are a favorite over here and thus, these pants will surely make their way into our rotation. Available in four colors and sewn in California from technical 4-way stretch woven fabric makes these pants light enough to ride in and durable enough to be your daily driver.
Constructed with the same recycled bluesign®-approved fabric used in ORNOT’s Mission Shorts, you can count on these pants to last. Stash your valuables in the rear zippered pocket or hidden thigh pocket and get lost. Roll up the cuffs to expose rear reflective detailing when you’re riding.
- Sewn in Oakland, CA
- Recycled bluesign®-approved fabric
- Gusset for added mobility, durability, and lack of seams on a bike seat.
- 1 hidden zipper pocket on thigh, 1 rear zipper pocket
- Reinforced gusset for added mobility and saddle comfort
- Available in 2 inseam lengths and 4 colors
- YKK zippers
- Refective highlights on cuffs
See more at ORNOT.
Berd Talon Hubs
Berd, makers of Dyneema spokes, just announced a new hub, specifically designed for its proprietary spoke system. Berd developed these hubs to deliver several objectives:
- First and foremost, these hubs are durable. In fact, these hubs are so strong that when Berd tested them in its Test Lab, they could not break them. This will result in a remarkably reduced chance of service issues in the future.
- The Talon hubs are also quite light. Coming in at just 156 grams and 306 for an XD rear hub, the Talon hubs are right up there with the rest of the comparable hubs on the market, which don’t have hook flanges.
- The 36t, dual-sprung ratchet mechanism delivers great engagement in a proven, robust system. And, these hubs are also available in a 54t freehub (coming soon) for even quicker engagement.
- Most importantly, Talon hubs will allow you to maintain all manufacturer warranties as the hub body does not need to be modified to use Berd spokes.
- If you have hesitated to build with Berd spokes due to the hub preparation process and associated time commitment, Talon hubs will allow you to build wheels in your shop approximately half the time as J-Bend or Straight Pull hubs. Simply hook the spokes to the flanges and lace the wheels up.
Check out more at Berd.
PUSH Industries Introduces the 3rd Generation ELEVENSIX Rear Shock
PUSH just announced its third gen ELEVENSIX rear coil shock. While similar in appearance to its predecessor models with its distinctive fully CNC machined design, the new 3rd generation ELEVENSIX (S-Series) packs significant performance updates.
New in this round of design and performance revisions are:
- Improved Low-Speed damping characteristic to provide increased traction at low speeds
- Mid Speed damping characteristics revised to provide a more lively (poppy) feel
- Increased end-stroke Hydraulic Bottoming Piston progressiveness providing an even more bottomless feel
- Increased response time over high-frequency bumps resulting in less harshness
- Improved High-Speed Compression in Mid-Stroke to eliminate “dead, or overdamped feel”
- Improved external adjustment range for easier trail tuning
Also announced for previous “R-Series” customers is PUSH’s new Performance Pack Upgrade ($160 USD). This upgrade is available to all R-Series shock customers when sending in their shock to any of our global service centers for a Factory Rebuild ($190 USD). This kit excludes external cosmetic components but will install all the performance updates and tunes found in the newer S-Series.
Check out the full drop at PUSH.
Shimano CUES Mid-Tier Consolodates the Brand’s Lifestyle Groupsets$451.94
Shimano just launched its new CUES component lineup that mashes up its 9-, 10-, and 11-speed component ranges with interchangeable components. This includes common Linkglide components: derailleur pulleys, cassette sprockets, and chains. This system ideally minimizes redundancies in both the product spec world for bike companies and reduces shop stock spatial requirements. This system is marketed as “lifestyle” but has applications across gravel, MTB, commuter, touring, and more. We’d love to see this sort of design compatibility within the bike industry and less “ecosystem” specificity, so good on Shimano here! The price is also nice with a 1×11 drivetrain, including cranks and BB coming in at $451.94!
See the full CUES lineup at Shimano.
Meet the New TPC
Our parent company, The Pro’s Closet got a new look today, launching its new website and branding. The entire company got a refresh so roll on over to see the progression of TPC’s logos.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo via @LaMarcheBikeCo
I mean… what can we even say here? Jesus, Tom.
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!