Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Like that one sought-after misprint in a pack of trading cards, REV_MCB is an ultra rare “glitch” fabric available in limited yardage.
Salvaged from deep within Dimension-Polyant’s archives, REV_MCB X50 XPAC is the result of a production glitch where the 500D Cordura fabric layer was flipped upside down during lamination. The two other layers of material––X-Ply polyester yarn and shiny film backing––remain unaltered, but the reverse of the MultiCam print faces out.
The end product is a beautifully subtle, toned down camo with all the same waterproof characteristics as standard X50 XPAC.
Available now in select styles from Inside Line Equipment:
- Default – 25L Regular, 18L Mini
- Apex – 11L Regular
- Minimal Tote – Snap Top, Zippered Top
- Load Cell – Cable
- Seat Bag
- XXL Tote
X50: A heavy duty, abrasion-resistant XPAC featuring a 3 layer construction: 500d Cordura face fabric w/ DWR coating, X-Ply, and 0.5 mil shiny polyester film backing.
- Content: 81% nylon / 19% polyester
- Heavier than VX21, VX25, and Cordura, but lighter than Waxed Canvas
- Subtle diamond grid pattern
- Matte finish that will still look great over the years
See more at Inside Line Equipment.
With new leadership, new vision, and an appreciation for its heritage, the Italian brand Cinelli is looking to the future with modern silhouettes in classic colors and stylings. Its jackets, jerseys, shirts, socks, caps, and other attire match the visually wonderful photography and iconographies. We’re in love with that we see and hopefully you are too.
Check out the new looks at Cinelli.
There aren’t many GPS watch companies with a bold mission statement like SUUNTO, who manufacturers its lineup in Finland, has a clear and transparent carbon reduction mission (100% carbon compensation), and runs its facilities on renewable energy. With all these eco features in its manufacturing alone, you’d expect the watches to be more than the leading competitor yet the new SUUNTO Vertical is in-line with other brands.
The Vertical features clear maps in color, solar charging, and the best battery life in its class.
Roll on over to SUUNTO to check out all the features.
Washing your bike ain’t rocket science, especially when it comes to offerings like mountainFLOW’s Eco Wax bike cleaning kit. The Bike Maintenance Kit (affectionately called the BMK) provides everything you need to keep your bike shining and shifting smoothly in a self-contained box made from bamboo that doubles as a washbasin:
- BIKE LUBE | ALL WEATHER: Bike lube for all conditions and all seasons. Plant-based + biodegradable
- BIKE WASH + DEGREASER: Strong enough to degrease your drivetrain but gentle enough to use on the entire bike
- BIKE POLISH: Clean. Shine. Protect. Our Bike Polish adds a brilliant shine to your bike and helps protect it from dust and grime
- BIKE GREASE: For your non-drivetrain related lubrication
- BAMBOO CLEANING BRUSH – FRAME: Super soft bristles to clean your whole bike. Safe on all surfaces
- BAMBOO CLEANING BRUSH – DRIVETRAIN: Stiff bristles to remove the toughest grime from your chain and cassette
- BAMBOO + COTTON BIKE TOWELS (3 PACK): No microplastics here! Includes a durable cotton drivetrain cloth for your chain and groupset, a soft + strong microfiber towel to clean your frame, and wicked soft bamboo velvet polishing towel for making everything shine
Check out the full offering at mountainFLOW.
Nordest Lacrau 2 Ti and Txixarro Ti Come With Pinion Gearboxes 2.999€ – 3.299 €
It’s no secret that gearboxes like the Pinion drastically reduce the need for drivetrain maintenance, offering up a pain free bike touring experience. Nordest recently announced its Lacrau and Txixarro titanium frames come equipped with Pinion gearboxes. The Txixarro is designed for long days of independent touring on dirt tracks, with the safety, comfort, and convenience of a Ti3Al2.5V double butted frame. While the Lacrau 2 Ti is a full-on enduro hardtail.
Both frames ship for free to the EU from Nordest and are in stock now.
Roll on over to see the full list of features.
A bicycle, in its essence, is a way from one place to another. But sometimes it’s also a way through something. For Tessa Treadway and her nine-year-old son Kasper, who lost husband and father Dave Treadway to a backcountry skiing accident in 2019, mountain biking has helped move them through grief. For Kasper, it’s a hyper-focused outlet for his errant energy. For Tessa, it’s a break from the chaos of single motherhood, as she discovers the surprise gift of joy that flows from chasing her oldest son.
Peter Hogan’s life went off the rails when he descended into heroin addiction as a teenager. As he began the road to recovery, he picked up a bicycle. In ‘Pace of Change’ he recounts his journey from overdosing and living a life without hope, to standing on the start line of the 2022 Colorado Trail Race. Watch on to discover why he believes the bicycle can be a vehicle for friendship and a formative tool for change.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo via @tomiicycles
Nao from Tomii Cycles is on a whole ‘nother level these days!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!