Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
New and Improved Why Cycles R+
The fourth generation of the Why Cycles R+ is here! We made an already amazing bike just that much better with a few small changes. We increased tire clearance for both 700c and 27.5 wheel sizes.
Most changes have happened on the rear half of the frame starting with a smaller, 27.2 seatpost which provides a noticeably smoother ride. We modified the flat mount brake for ease of install and adjustment and added a SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH).
The front of the bike sees the addition of our own carbon fiber fork which is identical to the fork found on the Rover, from our sister company Revel Bikes. It is tuned to provide a smooth ride and although it’s painted black, it still uses the Revel signature matte/gloss styling. We also added an XXL frame to increase our size offerings to five.
Here’s the rundown:
- The R+ v4 is available as a frame and fork set.
- The seat tube is now 27.2mm diameter for noticeably better ride.
- Tire clearance is increased to 700c x 50mm and 27.5” x 2.1”
- Improved rear brake flat mount for easier install and adjustment
- Available in 5 sizes from Small – XXL.
- Headset – Integrated standard 42mm upper cup, 52mm lower cup
- Bottom Bracket – Threaded 68mm BSA standard
- Axle Spacing – 12mm x 142mm
- Revel Gravel Fork 12×100
- SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH)
- Bottle Mounts – Bottle mounts on seat tube, top of down tube, bottom of top tube and the bottom of downtube. Third bottle hole mount on downtube for accessory mounting
- Rack Mounts – All standard rack and fender mounts
- Frame and fork set $2,344
- Three complete bike build kits are available: SRAM Rival $5299 / Shimano GRX $6299 /SRAM Red AXS $9299
Esker Hayduke and Japhy Now Available in Ti
Esker Cycles is proud to announce the latest additions to the lineup with the release of Hayduke and Japhy titanium. Hayduke and Japhy are a core part of their offering, and this new take on those models will bring a timeless material and ride quality to the lineup in an exciting new phase for Esker. John has a review of the Japhy Ti on the way next week! For now, roll on over to Esker to see more…
Tour de Kili
Tour de Kili is an all-inclusive multi-day MTB stage race around the wild slopes of Kilimanjaro. The participants will experience the unique, wild slopes of Kilimanjaro by bike and immerse in local culture while climbing 5000 meters in elevation. Within the last two years, TdK managed to donate 50 bikes to local women as part of our project “WOMEN ON BIKES”. Bikes increase the social standard, income, and independence. Each participant in le Tour de Kili helps us to empower local women.
All information on le Tour de Kili can be found here: tourdekili.com
Blurred Lines with Tito Tomasi
Tito Tomasi is a mountain biker and an artist. When we were discussing what makes riding a bike so special it became clear that the line is critical in both drawing and riding. Artistic athletes always look at the trail from a unique perspective. They see lines differently and riding them turns into its own artform. Tito shows us his interpretation of riding lines on his Hei Hei CR while riding from summit to sea in Vence, France.
Bikepacking Germany Fixed
Flamingo Fixed (great name) took off on a bicycle tour of Germany and pedaled 4600km fully loaded through eighty cities…
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by @karlatrobles
Over the weekend, Karla and Daniel went to a four-day long music and art festival organized by the Comcáac Nation in Sonora and spent some time soaking in the coastal Mexican vibes. This looks like a dream!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!