Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
5Dev 2-Bolt Titanium Stem $399.99
5Dev have been on a roll with its made in the USA titanium components. We looked at that wild ti chainring a few weeks ago and today, we’re featuring its 2-Bolt Ti Stem. 5Dev utilized what they call VRTS – Variable Radius Geometry – to design a 2 Bolt Stem that installs on any rise bar without shims, scratches, or effort! Yes, it’s easier to install vs a 4 bolt stem. Each stem package includes Black 31.8mm Aluminum Shims so you can run your steam on any size bar. Oh and does this stem flex? You bet your titanium ass it does!
- Reach: 32mm, 48mm
- Bar Diameter: 35mm (We include black 31.8 Aluminum Shims)
- Shims: Purple, Raw or Blue Sold Separately
- Stack: 37mm
- Material: Titanium
- Weight: 133g’s with Hardware
- Made in San Diego, California
- Patent Pending
See more at 5Dev.
Cotic Cascade 29er MTB Gets Updates for 2023 £849
Cotic’s Cascade is a suspension corrected 29er, meaning you can build it up with a 100mm travel fork in either flat or drop bars. For 2023, the Cascade got a few updates, including a new, XS size and a ton of build kit options, ranging from 1×12 SRAM Eagle to Microshift Advent and even a rolling chassis version.
- Large diameter, thinwall, air hardening Reynolds 853 steel front triangle with signature Ovalform top tube
- EC34/EC44 tapered head tube for elegant, clean lines and comfortable bar height.
- Reynolds 853 34.9mm seat tube gives great precision to the ride, especially when loaded.
- 31.6mm seatpost size is dropper seatpost compatible, with internal “Stealth” routing.
- Signature Cotic 4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end. Bridge-less S-bend chainstays with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life
- Huge number of bosses along the down tube at 64mm bottle cage spacing for maximum luggage and cage flexibility. These also double as the cable/hose routing points.
- Mounting points for either full racks or mini Nitto M18 style racks on both rear of Cascade frame and on Alpaca fork.
- Boost148 Thru Axle Rear End – Added wheel stiffness and clearance for 29×2.4 or 27.5×2.8 tyres
- 483mm axle to crown Cotic Alpaca Fork, 44mm offset, Boost110 x 15 thru axle. Clearance for 29×2.6 / 27.5 x 3.0 tyres in the fork. Works great with a 100mm travel suspension fork too
- Flat Mount +20 brakes – use your favourite drop bar brakes with proper sized 180 front/160 rear rotors.
- Progressive geometry designed for the dirt. Cotic Sureshot Geometry brings balance, composure, fun and speed.
- Weight – Frame 2.63kg/5.8lbs for the large, with axle.
- Alpaca fork 1.38kg/3.04lb uncut without axle.
- Salsa Firestarter 110 Deluxe Carbon fork option is 0.65kg/1.43lb without axle.
- Rockshox SID SL Ultimate 100mm – 1.326kg/2.92lb with Maxle Stealth axle.
- Prices for frame and fork start from £849
Roll on over to Cotic to see the full drop!
Fat Chance Ti Gravel Chris Cross $3950
Fat City Cycles is no stranger to titanium. Back in the 1990s, they built a series of Ti Yo Eddy frames thanks to their friends at Merlin. New for 2023 is the first “new” Fat Chance Ti bike. Taking up the “Chris Cross” mantle, the Ti Gravel Chris Cross has all the accouterments you demand from your gravel road bike. The built-in suppleness of titanium is counterbalanced with large-diameter tubing and wall thicknesses beefed up where it’s needed for the best ride quality wherever your adventure is taking you.
Built for endless versatility using a wide range of tire sizes, anything up to 44mm in the 700c range and up through 2.1” in the 650b mountain bike options. Using our carefully placed dimples in the chainstays and our smartly engineered demi-yoke means your tires will have plenty of clearance. And without sacrificing the chainstay’s ability to do its job (not too stiff, just right for energy transmission and control of the rear wheel, no wimpy chainstays here). We’ve pulled out all the stops in speccing the materials for this bike; double-butted titanium top and down tubes, a welded in seat tube collar to securely fit your 30.9mm seatpost, we weld the flat mounts into the chainstay to better support your disc braking all in service to the ultimate ride.
It’s titanium. It’s IMMORTAL.
- Designed & Handmade in the Fat Lab in Medford, Oregon.
- 44mm head tube.
- 30.9mm Seatpost (seat collar included).
- 2 fork options; ENVE or Yo Eddy Bikepacking steel.
- Fender/rack compatible with optional welded to rear dropout mounts and chainstay / seatstay bridge anchor points.
- Band-on front mech required (34.9mm size) to run 2x chainset.
- Monster tire clearance; 700 x 44mm, 650b x 2.1″ (requires ENVE fork).
- 68mm BSA (English Threaded) Bottom Bracket shell.
- Down tube cable routing for 2,3 or 4 cables.
Velocidade Beluga x Caminade Handlebar Bag €140
When it comes to handlebar bags, it’s rare that you find some unique design elements. Yet the Beluga x Caminade bar bag offers up some unique details. Unlike most bar bags that open on the ends, the Beluga x Caminade bag opens through a large, roll enclosure in the front. It also utilizes a zippered pocket and elastic net on the top of the bag. See more at Velocidade.
The Impossible Route: THE DARK DIVIDE
This episode of The Impossible Route features writer, Andrew Jackson, who is an elite level, Moto and BMX athlete. Watch as the crew attempts to traverse the cascade mountains near Mount Saint Helens…
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Illustration via @Raditjuli
Raditjuli’s cycling illustrations are right up our alley…
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!