Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
The Wombat. Named after a cuddly cannonball-shaped marsupial in Australia. 27.5″ wheels, rim brakes, modern geometry, segmented fork and available in small through x-large sizes, the Wombat is a modern equivalent to those Yo Eddy, Off-Road Toads, and other MTBs of the 1990s. Crust has just announced a geared Wombat frame which has a derailleur hanger and dropout in place of the singlespeed Wombat’s track ends.
There’s also a 21″ complete Wombat Geared for sale on CrustBikes.com for $3,250.
Riding at night is an accepted part of cycling, whether as part of a commute, Audax, or ultra-distance race. For many, the choice of garment for such conditions usually involves an element of reflectivity or high visibility, but, few options have been certified to the various standards that exist for such garments, particularly those which are cycling-specific.
Riders are often faced with a choice of either adhering to regulations and race organizers wishes and opting to utilize a certified garment that is often bulky, not cycling-specific and invariably takes up valuable space, or, choosing a garment with some reflective elements that fall short of being certified to a recognized standard.
Apidura’s answer is the Packable Visibility Vest; a minimal, lightweight vest that packs down into an integrated pocket when not in use. Its minimal design is purely focused on visibility, rather than adding warmth or waterproof elements, resulting in a garment suitable for year-round use. With a wide range of fit and adjustability, the vest can be worn over a jersey, or a bulky layer such as a down jacket and can comfortably fit into a jersey pocket when not in use.
- Reflective graphics deliver 360-degree reflectivity at night.
- Minimal design is focused on visibility, resulting in year-round suitability and low pack size.
- Adjustable straps with eight positions allow fit for a wide range of body types, as well as being able to accommodate a bulky layer, or, Hydration Vest.
- Packs into integrated pocket for ease of storage and can comfortably fit into a jersey pocket.
- Weight: 106g (S/M)
- Certified to EN 17353:2020 Type B3 standard.
See more at Apidura.
If you swap between a rigid and a dropper post, nothing is easier than going with a wireless dropper. Well, it’s ain’t easy on your wallet! With the competitor’s wireless dropper costing upwards of $800, TranzX might have cornered the slightly more affordable market with its new Wireless Dropper post. By utilizing a Bluetooth 5.0 wireless network, setup is easy; just plug and play. We’re stoked to see more options hit this market!
- Travel: 150, 170 & 200mm
- Diameters: 30.9 & 31.6mm
- Sealed adjustable air cartridge
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity
- Automotive grade IPX 66 rated water resistance
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 0mm offset post head with secure 2-bolt saddle clamp
- Weights: 648-748g depending on diameter, measured with 200mm travel version
- Lever remote uses common CR2032 battery
Check out more at TranzX!
Finding a bag that isn’t too big, nor too small, is sometimes tedious. Yet the Outer Shell Mini Bar Bag looks the part! Perfect for any bicycle, yet we’re eyeing it for trail riding, the Mini Bar Bag is, well, mini so it fits smaller bikes and still carries the essentials – snacks, wallet, phone, keys, a tube, and tools. With multiple mounting positions, the fit can be dialed for short head-tubed mountain bikes, long-stemmed road bikes, and everything in-between. The slim top edge is designed to fit behind mountain bike cables and tuck up neatly under computers, lights, and other accessories.
- High attachment setting (for short stemmed mountain bikes, fits behind cables)
- Low attachment setting (for long stemmed road bikes, fits under lights and computers)
- Inside pocket w/ snap button closure
- Pull tab loops for easy opening/closing while riding
- Heavy duty water resistant zipper closure
- Foam padded perimeter structure (no sag – no rattle)
- Main body fabric – 1000D Cordura OR ECOPAK EPLX600
- Liner fabric – ECOPAK EPLX200 (weatherproof)
- Made in California
See more at Outer Shell.
No need to constantly travel the globe to go on an adventure, right? Just step out of your door and jump onto the saddle of the 365, our new gravel bike.
Kim and Kilian understood this objective perfectly. They take us to Annecy in the French Alps, where they recup’ and recharge between two pedal powered gravel trips.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by @hinterlanded
When a monsoon rolls through your photoshoot, magic happens. Kyle Klain’s photo of an afternoon out with John is burned into our brains!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!