Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Perhaps you recall Rivendell’s Black Reparations Program? Back in October of 2020, Rivendell announced that it would give its black customers a 45% discount on a Rivendell bike. Well, things didn’t go as planned and in this Outside Magazine article, journalist Hayden Coplen gets to the bottom of things. Roll on over to Outside to read all about it.
After the successful launch of its steel Yaupon, a drop bar mountain bike, Chumba just announced the inclusion of a titanium Yaupon this morning. Like the steel Yaupon, the titanium version is intended for a suspension or rigid fork, has clearance for big tires, and is at home both on doubletrack and singletrack touring.
- The Yaupon Titanium is at home tackling technical trails, but foremost it’s meant for the longest rides in the most comfortable and fun way possible!
- A slack 68º head tube finds the flow in rough terrain.
- A steep seat tube angle and other geo numbers combine to keep the front end planted under difficult climbs.
- A balanced bottom bracket is positioned to bring out the rest of the geometry and plant the bike in corners whether seated or floating.
- The bike is spirited out of the saddle and rather huckable in the tech, but the comfort of the design allows for a long day seated.
- The wheelbase offers great maneuverability picking lines on the trail and threading through tight corners.
- Tune-able ride quality, each order receives a consultation to plan your frames tubing to optimize your ride experience.
Check out more at Chumba!
Rigid bag supports are the bee’s knees. No more floppy bags, no more jostlin’ on singletrack. Goodday+Curiosity just announced the Spacer Bag Cradle. This bag support is mounted to a steerer spacer, eliminating the need to have your bag strapped to your bars. The spacer can be customized to 15mm – 50mm tall, otherwise, it comes at 20mm. The cradle is 230mm wide and is compatible with any stuff sack or roll top bag with a circumference of 760mm (30 inches) or less. Made from 4130 chromoly with a black powder coat finish. Check out more at Goodday+Curiosity!
Pelago Stavanger Gravel Bike 2395.00€
The easiest way to describe the completely updated Pelago Stavanger is to talk about versatility. Stavanger is the most versatile Pelago bike and serves multiple purposes without sacrificing anything. Take this bike from local trails to far-out backcountry bike camping trips to daily commuting, and everything between; Pelago Stavanger handles it all.
Compared to the original Pelago Stavanger, the new model has a lot more features, from the look to the technical specifications. Stavanger’s size range has broadened a lot, and now, riders from 145cm to approximately 210cm can enjoy this bike without a problem.
The rigid CrMo frame offers plenty of options for customization. Stavanger comes with Shimano GRX 1X11 drivetrain 40T / 11-42T.
See more at Pelago!
This Saturday, August 13th, there’s a swap meet happening at Chris King’s HQ in Portland. Don’t miss out on the deals, show up early, and if you have gear to sell, email Jay at Chris King, ASAP for a vendor spot!
The Silk Road Race lives in infamy, introducing gravel bikepackers to real mountain chonk. The stories that stem from this event are wild, as many people don’t expect to encounter such rugged terrain. In this video, the race organizers give you a taste of what’s to come at this year’s event!
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by Will Keating of Rivendell
This photo Will contributed to the Outside Magazine article is wonderful! We had to share it. Great job, Will and everyone at Riv!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!