Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
If you want the most supple, cloud-like ride on your 650b scorcher, tourer, gravel, randonneur, or basket bike, look no further. Ultradynamico just released the Cava JFF in a 650b x 2.22″ size. These balloon-like rubber monster truck tires will transform any bike into a billowy chariot unto the gods.
- Leak free sidewalls
- Designed to be inflated/deflated to tastefully low pressures: 25-35 psi (650b)
- Tubeless compatible
- Continuous center negative dark space aeronautic deltas for pure intoxicating SPEED
- Black and Tan sidewalls available, JFF
- Tires packaged and sold individually
Check out more at Ultradynamico.
The Roadini is an all-around, all-weather road bike. It gives up nothing to modern extreme bikes on smooth, ideal roads, and is far better in every way when conditions are crappy. It has the classical clearances of the oldies, higher quality overall construction, is more comfortable, and rides like a Rivendell.
- The 2022 50 to 61cm frames fit tires up to 42mm, or 38 with a fender.
- Frameset ($1,300) comes with an FSA Duron 1″ threaded headset and 26.8 Kalloy seapost
- Two colors: Sergio Green or Dark Gold
- Sizes: 50, 54, 57, 61
- Completes available via Rivendell
There are many reasons why a Roadini is superior to the plastic road bikes of modern times, of which you can read for yourself at Rivendell.
Everyone’s favorite 144BCD chainrings are back in stock at 44RN. The standard in high-quality designer track bicycle chainrings since 2008, these rings feature a unique tooth profile designed for maximum engagement and minimal wear. Manufactured in California, USA, from certified 7075-T6 aluminum plate stock. These chainrings are fully CNC machined. All edges (front and rear) are machine broken with a 45-degree 0.010-in deep chamfer.
Each chainring is packaged in a custom letterpress printed envelope and shipped USPS Priority Mail (or First Class for International orders).
44RN has all sizes and designs in stock and shipping now.
Ever wanted to build a bike frame! or learn how to build your first set of wheels. The Stayer Workshop is here to help and teach you everything their experience and knowledge can afford. Let us be your Splinter. Let us be your Yoda. Let us be your Totoro. We are here to guide you through the mysteriously deep and dark realms of mystery, through the fogs of chaos and confusion and on into the clearing of understanding and mastery. Emerging triumphant, exhilarated and empowered clutching a very fine bicycle shaped object made not only for you…BUT BY YOU as well! The Stayer crew delivers practical hands-on courses for the bike enthusiast. Teaching you all the things you might wish to know about wheel and frame building from super green to infinity and beyond. Develop your skills, learn something new and make something bike shaped!
See more about LEARNING at Stayer Cycles!
After a long hiatus, the Velo Orange Rando frameset has returned! Newly designed from the ground up, this frameset features a modernized geometry, fit, and finish that makes for a sublime all-day and all-night lightweight adventurer.
The geometry has been designed to feature a road-endurance spec, which is more consistent with the fit of many modern road bikes. The frame features thoughtfully selected double-butted, thin-wall chromoly tubes and a wishbone seat cluster arrangement which offers a light, springy, and supple ride that will keep you feeling fresh as the miles (or kms) fade behind you.
The fork features a graceful and elegant French-style bend that maintains a timeless aesthetic while absorbing the perfect amount of road chatter.
Perhaps the most unique and exciting aspect of this frameset is its modular dropout system! Every Rando will ship with two sets of dropout inserts, which are attached to the rear end by supplied stainless steel hardware:
- (1) set of vertical dropouts for standard rim brake rear wheels spaced at 130mm
- (1) set of rear-facing dropouts spaced at 120mm for standard track wheels
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted lightweight chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8″ threadless, 4130 chromoly lightweight steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Tire Clearance: 700cx38 without fenders, 700cx28mm with 38mm fenders
- Rear Spacing: 130mm (vertical dropout) or 120mm (rear-facing dropout)
- Fork Spacing: 100mm
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: 47-57mm reach caliper rim brake perfect for our Long Reach Brakes
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: 3 sets of double water bottle bosses (downtube, seattube, under downtube)
- Fender bosses: Seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Single eyelets on rear dropouts for fenders
- Fork Eyelets: Hourglass braze-on for front racks like our Randonneur Front Rack or Flat Pack Rack.
- Rear Brake Routing: External along top tube
- Paint: Brook Trout
- Weight (Medium size): 4 lbs 9.5oz (frame) / 2 lbs 5.1oz (fork)
From now until August 6th, you have the chance to pre-order a frameset for $795, instead of its regular price of $925. Expected delivery is early September. See more at Velo Orange.
Mark this under “things we didn’t know we needed.” There’s nothing joyful about removing pedals with an 8mm Allen key. Yet the Unior Speed Pedal Wrench offers up a unique design in that its head is on a rotating pivot, making it easier to remove your pedals without having to reset the Allen head each time.
Sometimes, people over-torque their pedals (whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?) so when you need to apply greater force, simply position it at a 90° angle for enhanced leverage. For rapid spinning and quicker pedal removal or installation, position the handle at 0° and rotate the wrench.
Available in 6mm and 8mm heads. Made in Slovenia since 1919.
Check out more at Unior.
The new Master Bike Builders Show has announced a 2 week only 15% discount for exhibitors. The show takes place Sept 16-17 in Bentonville AR at an outdoor venue directly across one of the busiest trailheads there. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to show their unique creations to the passionate Bentonville bicycling community
Use code JULYHANDMADE15 when you register.
This discount ends, July 31st, so register soon and secure a good spot for your brand.
Follow along at @masterbicyclebuilders
We have an unofficial rule ’round these parts: if it features Electric Wizard, we post it. No matter how weird it gets…
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo via @johnprolly
Cari, our product and brand designer, has one slick Elephant NFE (check the gallery here: Cari’s Elephant NFE is a Do It All Basket Bike) and John spent a day last weekend overhauling it, giving it a tune-up, and a fresh set of Ultradynamico Cava 650b x 2.22″ tires from Sincere Cycles here in Santa Fe. Now she’s riding on monsoon clouds…
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, tag us on Instagram!