Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Brother Cycles posted a sneak peek at the 2022 Mehteh – now featuring an updated color match carbon gravel fork with improved triple mounts, Dynamo cable routing, and adjustable rake dropouts – on their Instagram. Pictured above is the current Mehteh. Sign up to their email list to receive updates as to when the 2022 model will be available!
- Frame tubing: Reynolds 725 heat treated chromoly double-butted main triangle, ED coated
- Brake compatibility: flat mount, 160mm max rotor size
- Rear Dropouts: 12x142mm TA (included)
- Seat post diameter: 27.2mm
- Seat clamp diameter: 30mm (included)
- Headset: 44mm, ZS44/28.6 upper, EC44/40 lower (not included)
- Front derailleur clamp diameter: 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm bottom bracket, ISO threaded
- Maximum tyre clearance: 700c x 45mm, 650b x 2.1″
- Fork: 1.5″ – 1.1/8″ tapered steerer full carbon disc fork, mudguard mounts, triple cage mounts, 12x100mm TA (included)
- Full-length cable housing guides for derailleurs and brakes
- Stealth dropper post routing
- 3 sets bottle cage mounts on all sizes
- Rear rack and mudguard mounts
- Chainring clearance: up to up to 52-39-30t triple, 50-34t double, 48t single
- Frame weight (medium): 2.2kg
- Fork weight (uncut steerer): 0.55kg
Rapha’s Seeing Sound Long Sleeve Technical Shirt
Long sleeve jerseys and riding shirts are perfect for year-round lighting. Tired of covering your arms with sunblock? Try one out. We’re not saying you have to try this specific shirt but Rapha did nail it with Lachlan and the “Seeing Sound” design…
Pas Normal Studios Escapism SS22 Collection
Pas Normal Studios’ latest drop is all about braving the elements on unknown roads. With earth tones, technical apparel, and warm essentials this new line takes the brand to new heights. Check out their killer lookbook at PNS.
Singular Cycles Gryphon Mk 3 Pre-Order
With all the crazy supply chain issues, brands like Singular Cycles are having to pre-sell its frames like the new Gryphon Mk 3 with delivery of October ’22. Yet, don’t miss out as these £900 framesets are surely to fly off Singular’s shelves. The Gryphon is a drop-bar 29er with all the touring accouterments you’ve come to expect from the brand, who launched its first tourers in 2008.
“The mythical mash-up of lion and eagle representing the ostensible clash between drop bars and big knobbly tyres – perfectly harmonious in reality. Released in 2008, at the time many just didn’t get it, however those who did appreciated the virtuous combination of drop bars and big wheels on a smooth riding steel frame. It became a cult favourite. More and more people came to appreciate the comfort and versatility of drop bars with the alchemistic pairing of big fat 29″ rubber. Drawing upon and further evolving the traditions of the legendary bikes of Charlie Cunningham and more contemporaneously Matt Chester, the Gryphon foreshadowed bikes such as the Salsa Fargo and subsequently the advent of ‘gravel’ bikes. The Gryphon was the first production 29″ wheeled, disc braked, steel mountain bike frameset designed for use with a drop handlebar.”
See more at Singular Cycles!
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Snow-covered trails can become your winter playground on a fat bike. Over at the TPC Magazine, Micah Ling’s Fat Biking 101 covers where to ride, what to wear, and the top fat bikes on the market.
Fat Biking 101: Ride the Snow, Beat the Weather
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!