Our Radar Roundup compiles products and videos from the ‘net in an easy-to-digest format. Read on below for today’s findings…
Rivendell MUSA Pants $118
Available now in black and coyote tan, Rivendell’s new MUSA pants fit like Dickies but are made a few miles from the Rivendell warehouse. These are riding pants, with details to make your ride more comfortable. Check out the full specs at Rivendell.
Traditional touring bikes make for incredibly versatile bikes. Take them on a tour, ride gravel, and yeah, singletrack alike. SOMA just got in a bunch of New Albium Privateer frames and forks. Build the Privateer into a versatile “all rounder” road bike, a medium duty tourer, a flat bar commuter with full fenders, or even a gravel bike. Compatible with derailleurs, internal geared hubs or single speed MTB hubs.
This latest update features 650b wheel specific design for the three smallest sizes, which reduces toe overlap common on small frames with 700c wheels
- Tange Infinity (Champion) double butted CrMo steel main tubes; tapered CrMo rear tubes
- Fits racks and fenders
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- Extra tall headtube makes upright builds look better
- Pump peg on headtube
- Horizontal dropouts allows for geared, internal geared and single-speed builds
- 700c: Sizes 52-60cm are designed to fit cantilever brakes or V-brakes and can fit tires up to 700c x 41mm
- 650b: Sizes 44-50cm are designed to fit V-brakes/Mini V-brakes and can fit tires up to 650b x 47mm
- Optional fork available (Lugged sloping crown, 50mm rake, low rider pannier braze-ons, double eyelets at dropouts)
- Sizes: 650b: 44, 48, 50cm; 700c: 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 64cm
- Paint: Colonial Blue (alternative is Matte Black)
- Part Requirements: Seatpost: 27.2mm OD, Front derailleur: 28.6mm OD bottom pull, Headset: 1-1/8″, external cup, Rear hub: 130 or
- 135mm (spacing is 132.5mm), Brakes: Cantilevers or V-brakes, Bottom bracket: 68mm shell, English threaded.
See more at SOMA.
We dig it when brands do something new and funky, especially when it comes to apparel. CDC just released its Beatrice riding tank top, complete with rear jersey pockets and free tickets to the gun show. Check out more at CDC!
PACHAMAMA: Maybe Cycling.
Gravel has changed the way of experiencing places, the way of cycling. It’s a tool to explore and access the path less traveled. To adventure near and far from home and create a deeper connection with the environment and the people in it. Mother Earth is where we belong, not the other way around. From this, Pachamama is born, a project to unite the stories between people and places.
Learn more about the project at Orbea.
At the start of the month, the CDC-GT embarked upon their second gravel race of the campaign, at Unbound in the USA. This short film gives an insight into rider Danielle Larson’s fortunes on the 200-mile course, and her general approach to gravel racing.
Stuff we see on the ‘net that causes pause…
Photo by @johnprolly
We’ve got a fun project to share with you, coming up real soon!
If you’d like your photo featured in our Radar Roundup posts, simply tag us on Instagram!