GO MEANS GO and Bikejuju are currently running a photo contest and people are encouraged to submit until the deadline of December 20th, the darkest day of the year. Winners will be announced that week.
The contest rules are simple:
* You may submit a maximum of four photographs.
* Photographs must have some bike-related content.
* Photographs must have been taken outside, after dark.
* The work must be your own.
* Entries do not have to be current; go back and pick your favorites.
* Creativity is highly and heartily encouraged.
* Prizes can only be sent to addresses in North America. (Photos taken anywhere are welcome!)
Submit your photo(s) by adding them to the contest’s Flickr Group Page
Winners will be announced on both Bikejuju and GOMEANSGO the week of the winter equinox, December 21.
Now the fun part – prizes!
GOMEANSGO and Bikejuju will be selecting winners in the following categories:
* Best overall image
* Most creative image
* Best Pacific Northwest image (entries for this prize must be captioned with location)
Each winner will receive a prize package including a light from Planet Bike, a Bikeglow safety light, and other fun schwag to be determined.
But wait, there’s more! There will also be a “Planet Bike Dark Days Commuter” winner – the nice folks at Planet Bike will pick one winner who receives a full “commuter package.” That’s a set of Cascadia fenders (any size), a mini pump of the winner’s choice, a Blaze 2W or Blaze Dynamo headlight, a SuperFlash rear light, and a saddle bag with tire levers and patch kit. Plus, the folks at Planet Bike have expressed interest in potentially using that winner’s image in an ad or on their website!