Cranksgiving, the food-raising fun ride, is going to be a bit different this year with Covid-19. Yet, many cities have figured out a no-contact, socially-distanced version that still benefits communities in need during this holiday season. We’ve got Santa Fe’s information below but we’d love to have you post the details for your cities in the comments. Read on below…
Cranksgiving is celebrating its 12th anniversary! Frankly, we almost bagged this event for 2020 …but then we realized that a lot of people badly need this outlet and not just for the holiday meals it provides!
We’ve changed loads of things due to COVID (see below). And honestly, we’re not sure how best to incorporate bike shops into the event this year? If you want to provide some schwag to sponsor an award category – great! If you can donate some $$ toward a few turkeys – that would be amazing! Our goal is to collect enough donations to purchase a minimum of 500 turkeys in the next 25 days … We’re open to hearing your creative ideas.
Here is a preview of some of the changes for 2020:
– pre-registration is required. $20 rider donation goes to buying a frozen turkey
– this is a completely outdoor event, running from 7am – 2pm. Start and finish whenever you like!
– all 3 Albertson’s outdoor locations will be in play – choose to ride to 1,2, or all three store locations
– runners, skateboarders, and non-motorized scooters are welcome for the first time ever
– business sponsors of turkeys and individual turkey donations are also encouraged
We’d love to see you there, but if you can help spread the word via social media or your newsletters too, that would be huge!
More details at: CranksgivingSantaFe.com