When it was released, the Crust Bikes Evasion was a true to form game changer for production bikes but even then, some games should be changed up a bit. Matt from Crust Bikes has been leaking this project for a while. A stripped-down, lighter-ish, yet just as capable Evasion, dubbed the Evasion Lite.
Here is the take-away:
– Straight 1,1/8th Crust carbon fork with internal dynamo routing and brake cable routing. 100mm X 12mm.
– Flat mount front and rear.
– Fixed 142mm X 12mm rear dropouts. No rocker dropouts on this one, in efforts to shave weight.
– Integrated headset cups.
– All sizes up to the Large have 28.6 D.T and TT, the Large and Xtra-Large have a 28.6 TT and a 31.8 DT. All sizes are heat treated CR-MO
– The steel plate on the drive side has been axed, you guessed it, save weight. However by doing this it slightly minimizes the max tire clearance.
You can see more information regarding tire size and other tidbits at Crust Bikes.