2018 NAHBS: Black Sheep Titanium 36’er

Whoaaaaaa there, pardna’, you’re rollin’ into 36’er territ’ry. This is NAHBS, the place for over-the-top, artisan, balleur bicycles and no one does it better than Black Sheep Bikes with their Colorado-made swoopy titanium frames. This year, the team brought one of the most extravagant builds I’ve ever seen from their shop, this giant 36’er all-rounder. Just about everything on this bike is handmade, down to the Leh Cycling leatherwork, titanium fenders, and titanium pannier baskets. No detail was spared when it came to the design, construction and the final build. I’m actually at a loss for words, so I’ll let the photos do the talkin’.

12 responses to “2018 NAHBS: Black Sheep Titanium 36’er”

1. séamuis says:

This is bloody fantastic. I want it. It almost has a 19th century, early safety bicycle vibe. Both in looks/style, but also in the incredible detail and level of handmade, practically artisan level of engineering. So, so lovely.

2. Sarkis says:

Saw this bike progress on the blacksheep instagram feed. Wow! So many stunning details!
    Such a lush bike!

3. maxgralph says:

Looks like my dirty old Newsboy jumped off its hook one night to seduce my much younger Budnitz…. and together they raised a voluptuous supermodel that just graduated from Cambridge.

4. Avuncular says:

When too much Ti is barely enough.

5. Ryan says:

And no toe overlap. This would be so fun to try out.

6. the real genius is the dropper here. give it a hooty dooty down to mush the seatbag into the fender so that no one can steals your drubs. god damn, james.

7. Brian Richard Walbergh says:

So how fast do you have to be going till the dynamo can get up to power?

8. This is an amazing bike. When I saw it at the show I had to hug the builder. I was in awe of it’s beauty.