2016 NAHBS: Boo Bicycles SL-F Carbon Fatty with a Carbonara Lauf Fork

You know, I’ve never been someone who freaks out over a bamboo bicycle and I’m sure some of you might feel the same. Yet when I look at this Boo Bicycles SL-F fatty with that crazy Carbonara front fork, made by Lauf Forks, I couldn’t help but nerd out over it. Let me emphasize that: nerding out.

It’s NAHBS and as we’ve seen, there’s a lot of over the top extravagance yet this Boo Bicycles plucked a heart string just right…

10 responses to “2016 NAHBS: Boo Bicycles SL-F Carbon Fatty with a Carbonara Lauf Fork”

1. Eric Bones says:

I want to hate this bike so much but I can’t. Weird in all the right ways.

• Smithhammer says:

I bet it’s actually a blast to ride. Some seriously out of the box thinking, though. Right on, Boo.

• Nick Frey says:

Stiff when and where you want, forgiving when the trail gets rough. Basically the best handling material I’ve ever raced. If it weren’t so difficult to harvest, treat, and work with, I believe it would have superseded many other frame materials by now.

• Jacob Klink says:

Having to explain the handling of a bamboo bike just means your audience hasn’t take the time to ride a properly made frame. Too many errant assumptions about ride quality are based off that DIY guy every town has that’s going to “revolutionize the world with bamboo bikes”.

Boo makes solid looking machines that I don’t doubt ride just as a bamboo bike should.

2. Matt Larson says:

Give that Bamboo a nice ebony wood stain, and I would let it park next to my Retrotec.

3. Ryan says:

Bamboo spacer, nice touch.

4. FireUrEngine says:

Gorgeous ride

5. kermitonwheels says:

That’s super tidy. Not bamboo bikes I’ve seen before now have all looked a little home-made. This is another level of finish.